Packing List for Winter Training Trip
This page was updated to reflect the new trip location of Ironwood, MI.
What should my skier pack?
Your Classic and Freestyle/skate ski gear are needed.
- Both pairs of skis
- Rock skis if you have them
- Both pairs of ski boots or your Combi boots
- Both pairs of poles
You want to remain warm and dry, comfortable in the evenings and on the bus.
- Ski clothing for five workouts (Day 1: two workouts, Day 2: two workouts, Day 3: one workout)
- Warm clothes for colder temperatures, like a balaclava (covering face and head), buff, headband, and/or hat
- Extra gloves or mittens
- Extra warm socks
- Snow boots, if you have room
- Comfortable clothing for evening gatherings and the bus trip home
If you like to keep your sweaty clothes separate from your clean clothes, you might pack a large plastic bag to separate them.
Since you are staying at an Airbnb location, no bedding is required. No toiletries are provided.
- Towel (not required, but all towels will look the same)
- Shower shoes if wanted
Additionally, consider what you may want at night in your room.
- Phone/device charger
- Cards, board games
You are welcome to bring snacks. Coach Abery suggests aiming for high protein and without sugar.
How should my skier pack?
Three bags are needed. Make sure your name is on the outside of EVERY bag.
Your daypack/backpack will stay with you on the bus to and from Ironwood. All other bags will travel under the bus.
Bag 1: Daypack/backpack
This bag will stay with you on the bus both ways.
- A lunch and drink from home for the trip north
- Money for the return trip as the group will stop to get fast food
- Skate boots
- Ski clothes/gear for first ski session on Day 1
- Sports bottle with water or sports drink
Bag 2: Ski bag
Skis will travel under the bus.
- Both pairs of skis and rock skis, if you have them
- Both pairs of poles
- Classic boots
- If you are not using a ski bag, make sure skis and poles are securely tied together. Rubber bands do not work.
Bag 3: Overnight pack (suitcase or duffle bag)
All ski clothing, snacks, toiletries, etc. not needed in your daypack/backpack.
This bag will not be available until you arrive at your lodging location after Monday's first ski.
ISD 196 Nordic Ski Booster Club