Skier Checklist & Expenses
Nordic skiing involves two different methods, Classic and Freestyle/Skate, where skiers require different sets of equipment for each method. In addition, skiers will experience Minnesota's wide range of temperatures and weather conditions. To help parents prepare their skiers for the coming Nordic ski season, we have outlined a gear checklist and expected expenses, beyond the registration fees and other payments.
IMPORTANT: Our goal is to have all payments completed via TeamSnap invoicing or Venmo and forms completed electronically. However, we are flexible with skiers and parents.
Nordic Ski Team checklist
To parents: The following require completion ahead of the ski season start, typically in mid-November.
- My Payments Plus registration: Sign up your skier for Nordic Skiing through your skier's school via My Payments Plus.
- Team enrollment: Complete the Team Enrollment form and waivers.
- TeamSnap app installation: Upon enrollment, TeamSnap will send you a link to install and set up the app for notifications, schedule, etc.
- Clothing: Purchase appropriate outdoor clothing that is listed in Clothing.
- Equipment: The gear your skier needs depends on whether they are a new or returning skier and if skis are rented from the ISD 196 Nordic Ski Booster Club or purchased separately. See Equipment for more information.
- Website exploration: Get to know the TeamSnap app and the contents of this website. All of the information here wil help skiers and families know what to expetc as the season gets underway.
The tables below outline the costs for participating in the ISD 196 Nordic Ski Team beyond your skier's My Payments Plus registration fee AND equipment. To view estimates of equipment purchase prices, see Equipment.
To view examples of skiers' costs based on their grade level, experience, and how they obtain their equipment (rental or purchase), see Example Scenarios of Skier Expenses ».
For the convenience of using TeamSnap to pay for dues, an additional charge of approximately $10 will be added to any invoices. We will minimize these charges as much as possible.
ISD 196 Nordic Ski Booster Club