Ski Rental Program
New skiers are encouraged to NOT purchase skis their first year in the program as
- The skier may not like the sport.
- The skier is probably still growing, and skis fit by weight. (Coaches do not want skiers having to purchase new skis each year.)
To enroll in the Ski Rental Program, choose the option to rent skis when completing the Team Enrollment form. The cost to rent a single pair of skis is $50. The cost to rent two pairs of skis is $75.
Once the full team is registered, Coach Abery will confirm the list of intended ski renters; therefore, if a skier did not identify during team registration as needing rentals, they may add their name to the list of renters.
Once the list is finalized, the dates and location for ski fitting and rentals will be communicated.
Who may rent?
Priority is granted as follows:
- All middle school skiers and 1st-year high school skiers are guaranteed one set of Classic and one set of Freestyle skis.
- All 2nd-year high school skiers are provided on set of skis. Another pair will have to be purchased.
For exceptions, please contact Coach Abery.
Damaged or lost skis
Skiers are responsible for the replacement cost of all lost equipment as well as broken equipment, if the damage was a result of misuse.
At the end of the season, the ski rental return process will be communicated.
- If ski ties are missing, there will be a $7.00 replacement charge.
- If skis are returned with kick wax still on them, there will be a cleaning charge of $20.00 per pair of skis.
Steps to complete for renting
Ahead of the skier's scheduled ski fitting, the skier/parents will:
- Select to rent one or two pairs of skis, sign required forms, AND pay for the ski rentals as part of the Team Enrollment process.
- Receive notification of date and time for ski fitting via TeamSnap.
- Show up for ski fitting, and leave with skis!
ISD 196 Nordic Ski Booster Club